Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fabric Box Wedding Invitations

So, this isn't entirely a home blog, because I do enjoy lots of other crafts as well... so much in fact, that I did all 100 of our wedding invitations. Here's the scoop... I really wanted a invitation that came in a nice fabric box and when you opened the box you would have a nice invite with a crystal broach. Was that too much to ask?!? Apparently not, if you are willing to pay the bargain price of $34 per invite (not even including postage).

Here's a Example...



It's seriously a beautiful invite, but there's no way Mr. Husband would have let me buy 100 of those, and even if he would let me, I never would!! So just because I wasn't willing to pay that price, doesn't mean I wasn't willing to figure out how to make them myself :) So after finding craft paper boxes in bulk, finding the perfect fabric at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon to cover the boxes in, an amazing designer (www.belletristics.com) and some cute fabric paper at JoAnnes,I was on my way...

Yes, we had to cover 100 boxes (which is almost like 200 if you consider top and bottom)



Mr.Husband (Fiancee at the time) knew how important they were to me, so he was happy to help :)



And after a couple of months of hard work, here's how it turned out...







Okay, now times 100.....





I seriously couldn't have been happier and in all spent 1/5 of what it would have cost to buy online (which is still crazy, but typical for wedding invitations). Even though it was sooooo much work to put them together, I loved the experience of making my invites!!

Linking up to CSI's Fabric/Sewing Challenge!
Visit thecsiproject.com

4 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful invites! I stumbled upon your blog from a picture of your ladder/lantern project. Also great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! if you would be so kind to email me a tutorial? if you don't mind? we are getting married next year and i also do not want to fork out an arm and a leg for the silk boxes, although they are very beautiful.. Great job on your invites!

    gj.pugal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much was postage to mail these off if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if you are willing to share this with the world but where did you buy the boxes from? I ve been searching for boxes forever now and I am almost at the point of giving up but i also don't want to pay so much money for wedding invitation boxes because I could definitely spend the money on something else. Thanks!!

    adrianamtacu@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete