Monday, August 16, 2010

Audrey, the "Thinking Chair"

Meet Audrey, the cute but needs to be updated wing back chair. Audrey was another Craigslist find. A couple of months ago my sister was over and we were crafting in the craft room (go figure), and my sister said "sissy, I think you need a thinking chair", and so I said, "Mo, I think you're exactly right"!

Thus, Audrey was born :)


Audrey was neglected for a few weeks for two reasons: 1) She was a bit bigger than I thought (I learned the hard way that I should measure before I buy stuff), and 2) I couldn't for the life of me figure out what kind of fabric to cover her in. I love love love damask, and know that it's super in right now, but I didn't want another damask fabric.... but I gave in :)

I started with the front, and worked back for this chair, and didn't use ANY piping. I would like to say I don't use piping because I think it gives Audrey a more modern look, but it's really because I'm too lazy to use piping on a huge chair, and too scared I'll mess it up. One day though, I'll give in!




Isn't she amazing!?!

And yes, now I have a thinking chair that I think in ALL THE TIME!!

Now she just needs some cute "Thinking" pillows.... more on that to come : )

4 comments:

  1. audrey looks amazing... she'd look grea in my livingroom ;-) hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. i stumbled across your blog via the CSI project and must say that I heart what you have done with this chair!! I have a chair very similar to this one that was my g-mother's and I haven't been able to find anyone in my local town that will reupholster it for under $500.00 plus fabric...which I think is crazy! How difficult was this to recover? Any tips for me if I try to tackle it on my own? Thanks!
    heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this chair--great work! Sorry for such a silly question--but did you do this all by staples or did you have to sew? As you can tell--I can't sew--and I'm looking for another solution to reupholstering :) Do you know of any? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious as well about how you went about recovering this chair. I've been dying to try a reupholstery job...but not sure how to do it so it looks LIKE THIS! :)

    Also, I would love to follow your blog, but I don't see anywhere to follow or subscribe...am I missing it?

    ReplyDelete