Sunday, January 9, 2011

First Project of the Year

I can't believe it's been a month since the last post! I hope everyone is off to a wonderful new year! December was a super busy month for us, but it was so much fun having our first Christmas season in our new home. Much to Mr. Husband's dismay, I have so many projects planned for the Ms. Amber, one of which I started and actually completed in one day!

This is a project that I've been wanting to do for a while. Our walls are a bit tricky to work with, especially upstairs because there is limited space. I would love to put pictures on the wall up the stairs, but because we have windows there, i think it would look a bit awkward.

So... here is the space that we are working with upstairs....

I knew what I had in mind, but just in case, I wanted to see what it would look like if I had the space taken up. I took some of the paper that we have and hung it up to get a idea...


... and decided I couldn't decide unless I could see it altogether.


At that point, I felt okay moving forward. I think part of me was so hesitant because Mr. Husband wasn't crazy about "framing" a whole bunch of frames.... but he was away golfing for the day which meant I could do whatever I want :) Once I laid out the frames in the frame, I knew I was going to love it.

I made the frame from some $4 trim at Home Depot along with my Miter saw... best little investment I've ever made (when it comes to tools) so far :) The trim obviously comes in white, and I didn't want try and match it to the white trim already around our doors (knowing I would eventually get extremely aggravated)... So I spray painted it "Champagne" which worked out well because it matches the table.

Once the frame dried, I turned it upside down and hot glued the fabric on the back, then simply cut the excess off...

I hung it up by nailing small nails in each corner, then simply hung the frames along with the clock and here is the mini makeover!!...

If you saw the slit in the trim in the above pictures, it was to make room for the clock, which I hung directly on the wall...



I absolutely looooovvvveeeee this lamp... I've wanted one FOREVER and it was the impulse buy for this project :) I think it's Mr. Husband's favorite part too...
I'll eventually put a small plant or something on the table... i think...
Here is a close up of the fabric... I am absolutely in love with it too!! It was only $6 a yard... I really wanted to go buy a new chair for the desk that is opposite this wall, but now I just want to find a chair to re do with this fabric.

Here is one more look!
Here is the desk that sits opposite of the wall. Surprisingly, it came standard when we built the house, and it needs a little love... There's a cutout in the wall right above it, which I think is making it a little hard for me to try and decorate... It's also Mr. Husband's area, so I have to keep it somewhat manly.

With that being said, I guess you know what the next project is going to be!!
Have a wonderful week!!


2 comments:

  1. I love it Danielle! and REALLY love the clock. I've found a few that are similar at Hobby Lobby - I am seriously thinking of buying one - once I figure out where to put it! Now, don't be a stranger!! lol...

    ReplyDelete