Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Wreath

I have had this wreath in my mind forever, and this past week, I was finally able to work on it. Thank goodness for long weekends!

I first started out with a Styrofoam wreath (I don't remember what size it is, but it's the second biggest one that Michael's carried). Then I ripped pages out of a old book and folded them loosely in fourths going "the hot dog way". There's numerous ways on how you can place the pages on, but I found the best recommendation out there in blog land is to fold the bottom of the page and then stick in on with straight pins. By folding the pages at the bottom, it helps give the pages some body. I ended up doing about 3 layers of pages, then simply folded and pinned pages on to cover exposed Styrofoam on the top..



Then it was time to bust out these ladies... I've kept them in my craft room for the past month, and have been DIEING to use them! I bought was seemed to be about a gazillion, but only needed 7 for the wreath (I put the rest on the tree)...

I snipped off the wire stem, then simply took straight pins and pinned them on top of the wreath

Then added a cute bow, and walla.... The easiest, prettiest, cheapest wreath project EVER!!....
We have this super (huge) awesome mirror that fills up space in our entryway, and I just could not resist wiring it on top of the mirror... This week, I'll be adding some temporary shelves on each side of the mirror to make a type of "make shift" mantle for our stockings (which have yet to be made!).

Don't you love it when things turn out exactly how you hoped they would in your head?!?



3 comments:

  1. Adorable!!

    xoxo
    Kelli @ loveoursimplelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled on your blog this morning and I LOVE IT. You are very creative and have inspired me. Happy Monday!!! = ))

    ReplyDelete